Fwd: fai-mirror and conflicting packages

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 13:00:11 CEST 2006

posted with wrong from address, sorry:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang at gmx.net>
Date: Jun 6, 2006 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: fai-mirror and conflicting packages
To: Larry Lindsey <gtg306b at prism.gatech.edu>
Cc: linux-fai at uni-koeln.de

On 6/2/06, Larry Lindsey <gtg306b at prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
> [...]
>I've already attempted
> to place all of the packages in files/, but they take up > 10MB, causing FAI to
> error-out early in the installation.

I agree that fai-mirror should be able to get conflicting packages
into the same mirror, also (which is probably not possible with the
way it currently works)

Bu why and since when does FAI have a 10MB limit for the files directory?
I used to have quite large files in there, I did get rid of it because
it's just not good to have such things. But if somebody wants to, he
should be able to stick GB's into files at will.

Henning

--
Henning Sprang -
http://www.sprang.de - http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de