bootloader task

Thu Jul 27 12:08:16 CEST 2006

    > But there should also be an option NOT to install/configure the bootloader...
    > some systems dont have a bootloader (think vserver etc), others have it
vserver has no kernel on its own, so it's easy to detect that we do
not need a boot loader. Maybe xen is more difficult.

    > manually installaed.
Manually? No! Never!

I think for FAI the kernel and the bootloader is just another software
package that needs to be installed, configured or upgraded. I do not
like to treat it different from other software package (if this is
possible). So let's think of solutions that handle these package like
all other packages.