make-fai-bootfloppy: No space left on device

karl shaul shaulk at 013.net
Thu Jan 19 11:37:31 CET 2006

  On Thursday, January 19, 2006, Alexander Bugl wrote:

>  Subject: make-fai-bootfloppy: No space left on device

   I believe it is a known bug which was adressed in fai (> 2.8.4) by
specifying the exact way to mke2fs in /usr/sbin/make-fai-bootfloppy.
It could be that takong only  the appropriate line from fai 2.9, or perhaps
only /usr/sbin/make-fai-bootfloppy from fai (>= 2.9) will work  for you. and
ofcourse you can always considering upgrading.

> If I try using LILO (never did that before, grub has been fine ;)

  I  do hope so. I can't boot with grub 0.97-3 from (unstable).  I intend
to  try lilo.

> /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/sbin/lilo.real: error while loading shared
> libraries:  libdevmapper.so.1.01: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory
> lilo failed.

  I got this too. I hope that using
     chroot fai-nfsroot lilo
in /usr/sbin/make-fai-bootfloppy will work because the problem is due
to an attempt to use libedvportmapper from the fai server. I don't have
this lib installed for the fai-server other then in fai's nfsroot.

  Do let us know if my suggestons {didn't,} worked for you.