Install nodes with re-configured kernel image

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Sat Jan 14 10:31:25 CET 2006

[...]
> But is it possible to override the fresh kernel-image installed later ?

What does "fresh" mean in that case? Does that question mean that you intend to
install some different kernel later on, i.e., via softupdates? If that holds,
the answer is yes - it is as easy as adding a different package(name) to one of
your package_config/* files and fai/apt/dpkg will do the rest for you. I'm doing
that quite regularly these days as I'm testing some different flavours and it
works like a charm...

Best regards,