Getting hostnames from PXE to build

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sun Feb 26 13:00:07 CET 2006

Hi Darryl,

Darryl Luff wrote:
> [...]
> Is there a more standard 'fai' way to do this, that doesn't involve
> modifying 'fai' itself in any way? The hostname has to be set before the
> fai classes are selected.
> [...]

I don't think so, as this has been discussed here often and no one came
up with a "standard" solution IIRC. Plus, it isn't "fully automatic" :)
(but i understand the need)

It would be wonderful if you could file a (wishlist, I guess) bug report
in the Debian Bug Tracking System and attach your patch with tha cahnge
s made to the fai script. I have not much understanding of those things,
but I think if your solution works well, we can easily incorporate your
patch into fai.

The FAI wiki has some information on how to use the BTS.

Henning