FAI 2.9 - PB with FAI-NFSROOT

tundis phil philtundis at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 14 10:29:22 CET 2006

--- Patrick Cornelißen <cornelis at p-c-software.de> a
écrit :

> tundis phil schrieb:
>
> > It is normal since my source.list is in stable.
> > How can I say to fai-setup to look in a local
> directory for the paquet
> > fai-nfsroot.
>
> Just have a look at the various tutorials how to
> setup a local deb
> repository. I've no link available, but google will
> help you there.

Hi,

I follow your answer and find this URL (I put it here
for the others on the list)

"http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/ch-package.en.html"

which say

A local deb repository similar to an official Debian
archive can be made in this way:

     # aptitude install dpkg-dev
     # cd /usr/local
     # install -d pool # physical packages are located
here
     # install -d
 dists/unstable/main/binary-i386
     # ls -1 pool | sed 's/_.*$/ priority section/' |
uniq > override
     # editor override # adjust priority and section
     # dpkg-scanpackages pool override /usr/local/ \
        > dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages
     # cat > dists/unstable/main/Release << EOF
     Archive: unstable
     Version: 3.0
     Component: main
     Origin: Local
     Label: Local
     Architecture: i386
     EOF
     # echo "deb file:/usr/local unstable main" \
        >> /etc/apt/sources.list

However, I have to modify it by replacing :

cat >
 dists/unstable/main/Release << EOF
and
dpkg-scanpackages pool override /usr/local/ \
        > dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages
by
cat > dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Release << EOF
and
dpkg-scanpackages pool override \
        > dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages

And my local mirror works.
So I have to try the install now.

Thanks a lot

Phil Tundis