[FAI] Install error

fcm2 at alu.um.es fcm2 at alu.um.es
Fri Dec 29 13:45:22 CET 2006

Thank you for your answers, I'm so much lost...

Henning Sprang <henning_sprang at gmx.de> escribió:

> On 12/28/06, fcm2 at alu.um.es <fcm2 at alu.um.es> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> In the installation of the client, if fails with errors of this kind:
>>
>> Could't stat source package list http://amd64.debian.net sarge/main
>> Packages
>> (/var/lib/apt/lists/amd64.debian.net_debian-amd64_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file
>> or
>> directory)
>>
>> I get several errors like this, but in my nfsroot, those files allready
>> exists. And if I do "ls -l /var/lib/apt/lists/" in the client, I found
>> the files!! And they are not empty!!
>
> You do the ls in the nfsroot or in the client chroot?

Both. The files exists in "nfsroot/var/...", and in the client chroot.

>> Any idea? What can be the problem?
>
> Sounds strange.
> Can you get a shell prompt at install time (or before rebooting),
> chroot into /tmp/target and see if the files are there, also?

No, in /tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists/ are only a file called lock, and
an empty directory called partial.

> And try to install some package in the chroot?

Error: The system is read-only.

Michael Tautschnig <tautschn at model.in.tum.de> escribió:

> Could it be as simple as amd64.debian.net being irresponsive for a
> few seconds
> or some proxy at your site being overloaded? Or rather - is it reproducible?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I've tried several times, and amd64.debian.net is not the only
repository. amd64.debian.org, security.debian.org, and
www.informatik.uni-koeln.de are my sources, and no-one works. The
problem is my cluster.

Thank both!