floppy-image is too big

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sun Dec 3 19:35:48 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/3/06, Micha Beyer <Meinerseins at worldonline.de> wrote:
> [...]
> The message ist that the kernel-image is too big for the floppy, really the
> image has 1,5MB. Where is the mistake and what can I do?

It's quite possible that the default kernel is not optimized for
floppy usage anymore, there are even plans to throw them out totally.

(as I understood with the effect that bootfloppy isn't possible
anymore than, that's why I don't like this idea - here's another proff
that this is still needed, and xen hvm systems also can neither run
real nor etherboot pxe at the moment)

Still, you can look in the README of the fai-kernels package, there's
a documentation on how to build you own fai-kernels, with only the
drivers you need.

> The NIC's are old and have no features how PXE.

maybe etherboot?
Henning