PRELOADRM help

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Fri Dec 1 18:28:14 CET 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Thomas Lange wrote:

>    > I guess this brings up another question.   The package in question is my
>    > own debian cfengine package for 2.1.20 rather than the buggy 2.1.14.
>    > This may not be a strictly FAI question, but I would really appreciate
>    > some pointers on how I can override a debian package with my own.
>
> This is called apt pinning. man apt_preferences
>
> apt_preferences(5) - Preference control file for APT

In the installation process will I be able to pin a specific package
somewhere in that process?   I have a repository I've tested it with an
operational system, and the pinning works.    The question now becomes
where would I need to wedge this into the installation process?   And
suggestions on the preferred method.

Thanks for the suggestions and time.