PRELOADRM help

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Fri Dec 1 16:54:05 CET 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Thomas Lange wrote:

>    > I'm using FAI 2.8.4 with debian sarge.   I have a customized package that
>    > I think I should use PRELOADRM to download for installing.   I don't
> PRELOADRM should ot be used for packages, it was meant in the past for
> thing like a flash tarball or something else. If you have a customized
> packages, create a local package repository and add this to
> the sources.list file. This is much cleaner than using PRELOADRM.

I guess this brings up another question.   The package in question is my
own debian cfengine package for 2.1.20 rather than the buggy 2.1.14.
This may not be a strictly FAI question, but I would really appreciate
some pointers on how I can override a debian package with my own.

Thanks, I'll be googling like a fool in the meantime...