don't use kernel with initrd when installing xen instances

risc at volumehost.com risc at volumehost.com
Mon Aug 14 23:52:35 CEST 2006

Henning:

i've had a similar problem here with the raid servers i manage.

long story short of it:
FAI-CD installs on /dev/hda. however, when the machine is booted, the / partition is really on /dev/sdi!
(8 disks of raid show up IN FRONT of the root filesystem connected straight to the motherboard!)

same symptoms.

Julia Longtin <risc at volumehost.com>