sources.list in softupdate

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Aug 10 16:11:27 CEST 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 15:07, you wrote:
> [...]
(edited)
>     >  My solution is to [copy sources.list] in prepareapt.DEFAULT.  I
>     > guess I should prepend it with "[ "$FAI_ACTION" == "softupdate"]
>     > &&"
>
> Yes, that's a good idea. [...] But the you can
> no have different sources.lsit file during and after the installation.

Would I want this? I was kind of assuming that distributing a new
sources.list might be done per default as I always thought of sources.list
to be a bit a special config file, it directly affecting the update
process.  But I see the way with the hook seems sensible enough.  Thanks a
lot for your input.

cheers
-- vbi

[Thomas: no standard (mailman?) list headers on list mail, so the default
list handling of kmail didn't work.  That's why you got the earlier mail to
your personal email.  Not sure which header kmail reacts to, though.
X-Mailing-List or List-Id most likely.]

--
I just ate a whole package of Sweet Tarts and a can of Coke. I think I saw
God.