More than 1000 CPU's installed with FAI

Thu Apr 6 17:32:19 CEST 2006

I'm proud to make this little announcement. A new FAI questionnaire
was filled out by Guy Coates from the Welcome Trust Sanger Institue,
which does genome research. Currently, they have more than 540 servers
(mostly blades) with more than 1000 CPU's installed with FAI. Here you
find the whole survey, which also has a nice picture of one part of a
cluster:

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/q-answers#sanger

Guy also told me: "We are also in the process of getting another 450
CPUs worth of farm, which will be FAI installed when they arrive."

P.S: Even if your FAI installation is not that big, please always fill out
the FAI questionnaire (http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/questionnaire)
and send it back to me.