FAI 2.10 released!

Mon Apr 3 17:39:39 CEST 2006

FAI 2.10 is available. The packages will be available from the Debian
mirrors soon, or you can add following line to your sources.list:

deb http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download sarge koeln

This URL will include all fai packages that can be used for sarge. FAI
2.10 can also be used for etch, but I didn't create a special
repository for etch on my server yet.

I've also built a new fai-cd ISO image for i386 using the 2.6.8
kernel. A fai-cd version with a 2.6.16 kernel and for amd64 will be
created later.

New in FAI 2.10

    - add option -n to fcopy
    - several new listing options for fai-chboot, add option -c for
      copying PXE configurations
    - verbose output when defining variables
    - add urpmi and yum support to install_packages
    - add new subroutine mkrw(), which makes read-only directories
      writeable. Very cool and usefull thing until we can use unionfs
    - When booting from fai-cd the config space /fai is now writeable
    - class FAISERVER sets up an apt-proxy