installation problem with ssh

Matthias.Lechner at med.uni-muenchen.de Matthias.Lechner at med.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Sep 16 13:34:07 CEST 2005

hi!

As you might remember, the lab I work for has a FAI-Server (sarge) with
about 20 clients (in future. right now i'm pretty much in testing, so i
use one client). I install via floppy because there are no dhcp-servers
allowed in the university network.
Everything worked properly until all of a sudden (at least I can't
remember having changed something) the FAI-install started to create
errors about not beeing abled to add a host to /root/.ssh/known_hosts.
Here's the output:

The authenticity of host [...] can't be established. RSA key fingerprint
is [...]. Are you sure you want to continue connecting? [yes/no]

After typing "yes" for two or three times, the installations tells me that
it failed to add the host to the known_hosts file. All this happens
shortly after the booting from floppy.
My first thought was a corrupt nfs-root (missing/broken known_hosts file),
so i restartet make-fai-nfsroot. The output indeed showed my some errors:
make-fai-nfsroot was unable to mount via nfs and the "creating RSA key..."
message did not appear. But i did not find any errors in my configuration
(i just added the mirrorhost-variable in make-nfs-root.conf), so i
restarted nfs and portmap. After this make-fai-nfsroot worked and ended
with the wellknown "..finished properly" message. Unfortunatly the
installation did not. Same error messages, finished by an deflating
"Aborting".

Do you have any ideas where this comes from? I use FAI 2.8.4.
Thank you very much in advance!

Mat