generating links via fcopy

Patrick Cornelißen cornelis at p-c-software.de
Fri Sep 16 10:38:28 CEST 2005

Hi!

We'll be using fai to upgrade our Woody workstations to Sarge and
maintain them. But sometimes we'd like to create links on the target
machine in the same way, we copy files via fcopy (because we have to
generate a lot of them).
Example: a relative link is located for example in
$fairoot/files/etc/mylink.extension/MYCLASS and points to
../usr/local/myrealfile.extension. It should be copied as is and
/etc/mylink.extension should remain as relative link. Current behavior
is following the link and copying the target file.

We'd like to extend fcopy that it uses readlink/symlink to keep links
intact if the parameter for example -H is present and the current file
is a link.

Has someone did something like this before? Is the dev-team interested
in the patch?

Bye,
  Patrick Cornelissen