SATA support in install kernel for AMD64?

Andreas Sindermann sinder at thp.Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri Sep 9 11:56:23 CEST 2005

Allan Bailey writes:
 > Andreas Sindermann <sinder at thp.Uni-Koeln.DE> wrote:
 > >Allan Bailey writes:
 > > >
 > > > Does anyone have an install kernel for 2.6.x that supports SATA drives?
 > > >
 > > > Or can someone point me to the sources/configs for building my own?
 > > >

 > >Take the latest AMD64 kernel on
 > >http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download/amd64/
 > >I think it's a 2.6.10 kernel with correct working SATA support.
 >
 > Ok. I actually have tried to use this kernel.
 >
 > What I have is the vmlinuz-2.6.10-fai and System.map-2.6.10-fai files for booting,
 > as well as the /lib/modules/2.6.10-fai  copied to the nfsroot/.
 >
 > It still cannot find the SATA drive, and I believe it is because it is not loading the
 > kernel module.

Try to put the kernel module into the file
<faisetup>/class/20-hwdetect.source. For me it's the sata_nv module as
I'm using a NVIDIA chipset board.

kernelmodules="rtc floppy usbkbd ide-disk ide-cd sata_nv"

Andreas