FAI in italian

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Sep 9 10:54:44 CEST 2005

> The present documentation of FAI covers about sixty pages of written
> text. A single book describing a less advanced product like Microsoft
> RIS and MSI packaging never encompass less than 500 pages. Even though
> FAI for Debian GNU/Linux is a lot more flexible and configurable, the
> documentation only describes the default setup.

Hmm, I'm one of the experience Linux people that decided to use FAI. Before
this, I used Slackware, RedHat, Mandrake and played from Time to time with
Knoppix and was forced to look after SuSE installations at customers. I made
my own Mandrake Mass-Installation CD and Mandrake Network-Installation Setup.
I made my own RPMs and am now making my own DEBs to customize things.

For me the fact that FAI "only" had 60 pages was a plus. I don't want to read
reading 500 pages where 440 pages do repeating mostly things that I already
know. It would be tedious to filter out the relevant information.

Therefore I'd suggest that try to earn some money and use your documentation
and ask O'Reilly or some other publisher if they help you to create a book
for it, e.g "Mass Linux Installation for the Masses" :-)