SATA support in install kernel for AMD64?

Allan Bailey allan at nefud.org
Thu Sep 8 23:21:03 CEST 2005

Andreas Sindermann <sinder at thp.Uni-Koeln.DE> wrote:
>Allan Bailey writes:
> >
> > Does anyone have an install kernel for 2.6.x that supports SATA drives?
> >
> > Or can someone point me to the sources/configs for building my own?
> >

>Take the latest AMD64 kernel on
>http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download/amd64/
>I think it's a 2.6.10 kernel with correct working SATA support.

Ok. I actually have tried to use this kernel.

What I have is the vmlinuz-2.6.10-fai and System.map-2.6.10-fai files for booting,
as well as the /lib/modules/2.6.10-fai  copied to the nfsroot/.

It still cannot find the SATA drive, and I believe it is because it is not loading the
kernel module.

thanks,
Allan