FAI for AMD64

Allan Bailey allan at nefud.org
Thu Sep 8 21:56:49 CEST 2005

It turns out my problem was not the local mirror, but /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/sarge.

That script has/had lines for the 'amd64' arch like this:

        "amd64")
            required="$required libtext-iconv-perl zlib1g"

Those last 2 modules are redundant apparently, and threw off the count of packages by 2, forcing
debootstrap to fail.   It took me a while to find where the extra 2 references to  libtext-iconv-perl and zlib1g
came from.  :-)

Eugen, and others, thanks for your suggestions and help.

Allan

--
.allan.