FAI postgreslq install on sarge

Fri Oct 21 15:09:05 CEST 2005

    > Creating config file /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf with new version
    > postgresql failed to start. /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d is probably broken.

    > Any ideas? or people out there done this?
I think the postinst script of the package will try to start the
postgresql daemon, by calling a init.d script which call invoke-rc.d
which then calls start-stop-daemon which starts the daemon. During
installation we fake start-stop-daemon, but not invoke-rc.d. Maybe the
return code from start-stop-daemon indicates an error, or we have to
fake invoke-rc.d.

Hope this helps.