your mail

Kai-Felix Braun kai_braun at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 19:14:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

> > Another problem is that the chaintech motherboards have the same mac
> adress
> > i.e. 00:00:00:00:00:10. How can I install in such a case ?
>
> This MAC address is suspicious. The OUI is not assigned to chaintech. So
> you either have hardware problem or the driver doesn't read the eeprom
> containing the MAC address correctly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter (p2).

I mixed it up, it is the ASUS A7V8X-MX SE motherboards which make trouble
and which I got refurbished. I could still use it as master node with a
second nic though, to rewrite the eeprom is out of my reach. Or is it
feasable to change the mac address software wise after installation as
client and then to continue with installation of other clients ?

Regards
Kai