No subject

Kai-Felix Braun kai_braun at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 02:15:58 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am trying to connect four pc with fai. These are 2 a7v8x-mx se and
2 ct-7 nil 1  boards. So far I have installed a stable debian release and
fai. Upon booting with pxe/dhcp I get the error messages :

Root nfs : Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using default
Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 192.168.42.250 ...
unable to mount root fs ...kernel panic ...

It is mentioned in the guide to use showmount to see the exported
directories in such a case. Using showmount I get : mount clntudp_create:
RPC: Program not registered
What to do ? Help is needed !
Another problem is that the chaintech motherboards have the same mac adress
i.e. 00:00:00:00:00:10. How can I install in such a case ?

Many thanks

Kai Braun