Reiser root partition won't start grub

Remi Bergsma - MoveNext remi at movenext.nl
Wed Nov 30 14:52:34 CET 2005

Dear list,

I'm setting up around 20 Debian boxes using FAI. It works really nice so
far. Everything is configured to boot from the network using DHCP and PXE.

The problem is when I configure the root partition to be reiserfs, the
install completes without errors, but grub doesn't get started. So, the
box won't boot. When I change reiser -> ext3 (the default) it works witout
any problem.

This does not work:
/usr/local/share/fai/disk_config/FAIBASE

disk_config disk1
primary  /             400-4000    rw                   ; reiser
primary  swap          40-500      rw
primary  /var          90-1000     rw                   ; reiser
logical  /tmp          50-1000     rw                   ; reiser
logical  /home         50-         rw,nosuid            ; reiser

(tried with and withoud errors=remount-ro)

But this works:
primary  /             400-4000      rw,errors=remount-ro ; -c -j ext3
primary  swap          40-500      rw
primary  /var          90-1000     rw                   ; reiser
logical  /tmp          50-1000     rw                   ; reiser
logical  /home         50-         rw,nosuid            ; reiser

Can anyone help me with this problem? :-)

Thanks very much in advance!

grtx,remi