multiple install servers; memdisk

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu May 26 08:59:43 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:22:42PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

> Sorry, but I didn't get the point -- why would the second one let the node boot
> from its harddisk???

Suppose you got two DHCP servers, only one of them acting as FAI install
server. Only the FAI server would have a specific PXE/TFTP entry for the
host to be installed...(because only it can serve FAI to the client) -
the other one would have a default PXE entry (localboot). Now you'll
be playing Russian roulette, guess which server will respond first...

Steffen