#307147 has been fixed since fai 2.8.1 - the bug is open to track the workaround

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Thu May 26 08:44:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

from the fai 2.8.1 changelog:

 * FAIBASE/10-misc: do not call tune2fs when using 2.6 kernel. This may
     hang the system

This is "fix" or better workaround for a kernel bug.

So I opened #307147, to track that kernel bug, so that we won't forget to
remove that workaround from fai, once the kernel is fixed.

Possible reasons for the problems to still occur could be mixed or non-updated
configdirs, so tune2fs still get's executed. Plan your installation and fai
will install your plan ;-)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: I do think the advantages of crossposting to the BTS and the fai
mailinglist are worth the disadvantages. Only very few people (4) have
subscribed to the fai BTS and get doubles, which are easy to filter... so
what ? Please explain.