hangcheck module (was Re: FAI install hangs on endless "scrolling screen" with kernel 2.6)

P.S.S.Camp P.S.S.Camp at kent.ac.uk
Wed May 25 17:59:45 CEST 2005

CONFIG_HANGCHECK_TIMER:

    The hangcheck-timer module detects when the system has gone
    out to lunch past a certain margin.  It can reboot the system
    or merely print a warning.

    Symbol: HANGCHECK_TIMER [=m]
    Prompt: Hangcheck timer
      Defined at drivers/char/Kconfig:978
      Depends on: X86_64 || X86
      Location:
        -> Device Drivers
          -> Character devices

It might me an idea to enable the watchdog devices these tend to be better
though it does mean crow-baring the watchdog package into the nfs-root
which wasn't pleasant as the packing was foobar so I had to tweak it.

Phill.

--
Senior Computer Science Computing Officer
University Of Kent At Canterbury