FAI install hangs on endless "scrolling screen" with kernel 2.6

P.S.S.Camp P.S.S.Camp at kent.ac.uk
Wed May 25 16:43:33 CEST 2005

I have this problem with 2.6 its random, I installed and a fai kernel with
the hangcheck module enabled and then loaded this in a hook, so if the
install wedged it would just reboot the box, and try again, I I was
building a cluster of headless machines.  I suspect its a grub kernel
interaction problem? are you using SATA by any chance?

Is there any chance this could go in the hangcheck module could be put
into the standard fai kernel build?

Phill.

--
Senior Computer Science Computing Officer
University Of Kent At Canterbury