multiple install servers; memdisk

Wed May 25 16:20:35 CEST 2005

    > Hi again,
    > no problem this time, but an idea:

    > to distribute the load during installation of a bigger (>10 machines)
I know of installations with >60 nodes which had no problems with a
single install server. KISS! Keep it simple and stupid. So if you do
not have problems, don't make it more difficult than it needs to be!

    > .... multiple installation servers, the
    > configuration and mirror trees of which are in some way kept in sync.
It will make things complicated!

If the network load is a problem (full load on the servers network is
not a problem, it's a perfect configuration of your network!) start
using multiple Debian mirrors. These are easy to keep in sync and most
of the network load is getting packages from the Debian mirror to the
install clients.

But anyway. KISS!