fai server and clients in diffenerent networks?

Mon May 23 18:48:31 CEST 2005

    > Hi list,
    > we want to use fai in a network structure with several vlans, so the FAI-server and the install-clients will be in different (internal)networks and the communication has to be routed (and firewalled).

    > DHCP/BOOTP, DNS, and HTTP are working, the only thing I worry about is using nfs through a router.

    > Is there by chance a way using fai without nfs? (I fear there ist not ;-) )
Sure! You can boot with the fai-cd which includes the nfsroot and then
write a hook to receive the config space via cvs or http. Or you could
create another install kernel which uses an initrd which will be
tranfered over TFTP.