"E: Broken packages" with 2.8

Matthias.Lechner at med.uni-muenchen.de Matthias.Lechner at med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed May 11 16:56:21 CEST 2005

> Call make-fai-nfsroot -v and see which package is broken.

gets me the following output:

  cfengine: Depends: perl5
  dpkg-dev: Depends: perl5
            Depends: perl-modules but it is not going to be installed
  libnet-perl: Depends: perl (>= 5.6.0-16) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

In my make-fai-nfsroot.conf-file I got :
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="sarge ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian"
This is the server where make-fai-nfsroot gets its files from, right?
i tried to add "perl" and "perl-base" to "packages" in
make-fai-nfsroot.conf. a new make-fai-nfsroot ended in this error message:

  perl: Depends: perl-base (= 5.8.4-6) but 5.8.4-8 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

well, at least it's less error-lines than before :) do you have any ideas
what to do now?
btw: meanwhile, i updated to 2.8.1 again, since the error appears in
both-version, i'd rather fix it with the newer one.

thanks in advance and regards
mat.