partitioning again

Matthias Lechner matthias.lechner at med.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Mar 29 17:40:42 CEST 2005

> > Any ideas?
>
> Only for a workaround and it's only sensible if you only have one or two
> machines like this: use a hook. (Search the archive for an example, exactly
> this problem has been dealt with allready.)

hm, I guess you're talking about this thread?
http://marc.free.net.ph/message/20050113.113849.a176bf21.en.html
Sounds good to me. I just don't know why it should be used for only a few
computers?
I need an existing partition to run the mkfs.ext2-command, right? Would be ok,
since we need to run PartitionMagic on every computer to get linux installed.
In this case, would it be possible to make such a hook a "standard" for our
lab?

Thanks!
mat.