Newbie problem: IP address getting set to hostname

Mark Calleja m_c_001 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:35:39 CET 2005

Hi,

We're trying our first attempt at a FAI installation for a network bootable
machine, and it all seems to go well except that the client's hostname gets
set to its IP address. Is anyone aware what could be causing this? We're
using FAI 2.6.6, and here's the relevant dhcpd.conf fragment:

host <hostname.domainname> {hardware ethernet 00:a0:cc:61:c7:11;
fixed-address <hostname.domainname>; option host-name  "<hostname>"; }

Apart from this problem the client seems to be properly installed with the
default installation, and we can ssh to it successfully.

Thanks for any help,