fai-setup

Tuan A. Tran tuantran167 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:12:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am a newbie. I am trying to setup a cluster which has 10 nodes. Head
node and other nodes have dual AMD 64 Opteron CPUs. I installed debian
sarge for amd64 on master server. it is working fine. I am now trying
to setup fai so that I can boot a node via PXE. All my clients do not
have floppy or CD or DVD. The only way is PXE.
I follow FAI installation manual. However, I got the following error

 umount: /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/dev/pts: not mounted
 umount: /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/dev/shm: not mounted
 umount: /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/proc/bus/usb: not mounted
 Creating base.tgz
 mount: RPC: Program not registered
 Can't mount aragon00:/files/scratch/debian to /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/mnt2.
 No diversion `diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe by fai', none removed
 umount: /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/mnt2: not mounted

 I don't understand these output. I checked and saw discover-modprobe in /sbin
 I also ran rpcinfo -p and got

program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper