FAI and portmapper problems

David Hausheer hausheer at tik.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 9 18:12:00 CEST 2005

> It's just too late for starting the portmapper, since starting the
> portmapper is done before your script is executed. But try to activate

That's what I also thought in the beginning. However, it turned out that
when I logged in to the client over ssh during installation and manually
run ifconfig from there, this always solved the problem, even though it
was long after the portmapper had been started. It really seemed as if
the ifconfig statement in the customization script had no effect.

> the interface and to start the portmapper in your script.
> This should work and would be a nice workaround.

> Is this a script in /fai/class or in /fai/scripts?

in /fai/scripts (i.e. /usr/local/share/fai/scripts on the server)

| Dipl. El.-Ing. ETH David Hausheer                                  |
| Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory (TIK), ETH Zurich     |
| Postal Address: ETH-Zentrum, CH-8092 Zurich                        |
| Phone:  +41-44-632-7540  |         Room: ETZ H83, Gloriastrasse 35 |
| Fax:    +41-44-632-1035  |  E-Mail: mailto:hausheer at tik.ee.ethz.ch |
| Mobile: +41-79-336-4076  |  WWW: http://www.csg.ethz.ch/~hausheer/ |