Re: nfsroot mount : unable to find nfs server

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 08:57:53 CEST 2005

Hi kekeseb

> [...]
> I'm doing some experimentations with FAI and when I boot over network,
> I've got a kernel panic. It says that the kernel couldn't connect to
> the NFS server. I think, this might be because the nfs/tftp services ans
> the dhcp services are not one the same machine. How can I specify to the
> kernel the address of the nfs server ??

from the example dhcp config coming with FAI:

# the server from which to load the initial boot file if different
# from server-name (if the DHCP server is not also the TFTP server)
#next-server faiserver;

Henning (not quite sure right now, if by default the nfs server is also the
same as the machine from which the kernel image gets fetched... please try
it)