New User-SPARC Kernel

David Pheasant dpheasant at runbox.com
Fri Jul 22 04:50:40 CEST 2005

Hello all,

    I am new to FAI but must say that it seems to be a very powerful piece of software. I am using it to install Debian on a small 5 node cluster of Sun Ultra 10's for my college (Union College Schenectady, NY) and will eventually be using it to install Debian on a 25 node cluster (x86 Architecture) when we recieve the hardware in a week or two.

    My question involves the fai-kernels package and it's lack of SPARC support. Obviously I must compile my own kernel and point FAI to it. But how do I do this? (I have looked at the install guide and the link: toolbox.rutgers.edu/~amurphy/fai  in the guide is dead.)

Thanks for the help,

David T. Pheasant

**     kernelpanic.union.edu (website)             **