Problems with nfsroot-setup / sshd

Andre Timmermann _fai.darktim at darktim.de
Tue Jul 5 09:35:08 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

Am Dienstag, den 05.07.2005, 09:15 +0200 schrieb Thomas Lange:

>     > find: warning: you have specified the -xdev option after a non-option
>     > argument !, but options are not positional (-xdev affects tests
>     > specified before it as well as those specified after it).  Please
>     > specify options before other arguments.
> Let me guess. You are using tar from testing and not from stable. the
> new tar version does not support the option -l, so you get the error.

No, I have got a pure sid. I can avoid this special error, when I remove
the directory whith the nfsroot by hand.

# apt-cache show tar
Package: tar
Essential: yes
Section: base
Installed-Size: 1792
Maintainer: Bdale Garbee <bdale at gag.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.15.1-2
Replaces: cpio
Pre-Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21)
Suggests: bzip2
Conflicts: cpio (<= 2.4.2-38)
Filename: pool/main/t/tar/tar_1.15.1-2_i386.deb
Size: 756338
MD5sum: 2118f3e7b1f64d62968c055069b1f887

I think the problem has something to do with the new ssh-packages. ssh
is now split up in openssh-client and openssh-server, which ar
accumulated in the transitional package ssh.

As you have seen, the fai-setup break when configuring ssh:

-- 8< --
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
chage: can't open shadow password fileadduser: `/usr/bin/chage -M 99999
sshd' returned error code 1.  Aborting.
-- >8 --

Greetz,
Andre