quick V40z question

Oliver Osburg osburg at coling.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 26 17:41:57 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am building a Cluster consisting of V20z and V40z. I currently use the
kernel 2.6.8-fai for amd64 and the nfsroot distributed with it.

While the V20z do come up and boot fine, the V40z complains about being unable to
get the nfs portnumber. The NICs are detected fine, also DHCP works. While
sniffing on the net, the V40z seems to produce no nfs requests...? I really
wonder.

Can someone enlight me? I thought the V20z would be almost identical to the V40z,
except of the # of CPUs. Apparently I misuderstood something. Can someone enlight
me?

kind regards,

Oliver

--