dhcp doesn't seem to set the hostname on a client

Manuel Kiessling manuel at kiessling.net
Wed Jan 26 13:01:35 CET 2005

Hello,

Holger Schurig schrieb:
>>I have one problem with the FAI clients: They boot perfectly using DHCP
>>(with kernel append ip=dhcp), but the hostname is set to the IP.
>

> See the thread "fai trick: fix weird hostname" just some days ago in the
> mailing list archive. It includes a way how I solved this.

It's strange... Now it suddenly works. Maybe I really got the dhcpd
config wrong?

Anyway, this is the part for this host in my dhcpd.conf now:

host demohost {
                hardware ethernet 00:03:23:af:92:f6;
                fixed-address 192.168.1.250;
                option host-name "demohost.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
               }

Maybe I really forgot the "option" keyword...

Thanks everyone!

--
  Manuel