screen ant

Charles Fry fai at frogcircus.org
Tue Jan 25 23:43:00 CET 2005

I know that this may be a far cry away from the way many of you use fai,
but this is the first place I thought I would check:

I setup 78 fai servers to run Java programs. The Java programs are run
by ant, and I run ant inside of screen to facilitate attachement and
detachment from the running processes.

On machines which have been installed from a Debain CD, I can execute:

   screen ant

inside of a directory with a build.xml file, and everything works
properly.

Sadly, on machines installed with fai, the same command fails. When I
run it with verbose, I see:

Apache Ant version 1.6.2 compiled on September 28 2004
Searching for build.xml ...
Buildfile: /home/.../build.xml
Detected Java version: 1.5 in: /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/jre
Detected OS: Linux
parsing buildfile /home/.../build.xml with URI = file:///home/.../build.xml
Project base dir set to: /home/...
[property] Loading Environment env.

And then nothing else appears. I see the same behavior regardless of the
tasks and the flags. I have verified that I have the same version of all
the programs involved on both machines.

Is there anyone who uses Java/ant in fai that sees the same behavior?

If not, does anyone have the faintest idea of what I might need to
examine to debug this? I simply have no idea what could be causing this
or where to start looking.

thanks for the help,
Charles

--