kerberos

Rudy Gevaert rgevaert at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jan 18 18:23:44 CET 2005

Hello Ezra,

On Monday 17 January 2005 19:50, Ezra Kissel wrote:
> I found this HOWTO helpful:
>
> http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/admin/kerby-infra/en/kerby-infra.html
>
> On Debian systems, you'll want the krb5-admin-server and krb5-kdc
> packages.  Debconf should help you setup an initial realm, but just
> start reading man pages on all of the krb5 and related "k" commands.
>
> Manage principals locally with kadmin.local  You'll want to get the
> kadmin server configured correctly to perform admin tasks remotely.

I guess I wasn't clear enough.  I would like to set up a fully
functioning KDC with users in it.  I now found that it is possible to
add password on the command line when adding principals.  It would be
then possible to add a script that inserts the principals.  This would
be however not secure.

An other way, and I think a better way, would be to make dumps om the
KDC database, and then load them.

Rudy