Passwords in FAI

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Fri Jan 14 16:18:49 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 03:14:56PM +0100, Harald Gröne wrote:

>See my little USER/S10 script attached to this mail.
>It builds a working passwd/shadow environment with all system accounts
>included.

I adapted it somewhat, but took a more minimalistic approach, since
there are only four users who need initial access.

cating /etc/shadow mangled the passwords, I mean with cat >> <<-EOF,
so I took the echo '' >> method instead.

That works fine enough for me, so thanks for all the replies :)
I think cat just didn't like all the bonus characters in the shadowed
pass...

And now on to congratulate Herr Lange for this great tool, the only
thing I have left to tweak is to set /etc/hostname go correctly
and we're rolling!

Thanks!

--
mjt