script hacking

Nicolas Triantafillou nick at uow.edu.au
Thu Jan 13 14:23:25 CET 2005

> That's ugly and bad. You should use a hook for that.

agreed ;-) it was the result of 4x8 hour days trying to figure out the
real problem with the hardware.

> Create a file hooks/partition.MYHARDWARE:
>
> #! /bin/sh
>
> mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda3
> mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda6
> <echo or cat commands for creating fstab and disk_var.sh>
> skiptask partition

brilliant! I knew a hook should be able to do it, but all the hook
examples i've seen always called the task and then added more to it, I
missed the bit about using 'skiptask' - this looks like it'll work
perfectly and I'll try it first thing tomorrow!

> You also have to create the file disk_var.sh and the fstab
> file in this hook.

Sounds simple! thanks for your help Thomas :)

Nick.