AMD64 Help

Robert LeBlanc leblanc at byu.edu
Tue Jan 4 00:15:47 CET 2005

I'm not sure if my original post went through. I am trying to use FAI to
install AMD64 on an Opteron cluster. I have run into a snag when
installing packages. I can not seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.
I mirror the pure64 and export it to the clients. The mirror shows up
fine, but it says that it can not find some files to do the apt-get
install for the clients. I have tried copying the nfsroot, exporting
that and then mount that on the install client, run apt-get update and
it's still no good. I don't know what in fai-make-nfsroot that does the
magic that allows apt-get to work without problems. One issue that I am
working with is that the install node is not running pure64 and the
nodes don't have Internet access. Any help would be appreciated. My
mirror is mounted on the install clients at /tmp/target/mnt2 and the
path to pure64 would be /tmp/target/mnt2/pure64 (it is a subdirectory in
my Debian mirror). The general error that I am getting is:

rcS.log:Couldn't stat source package list file: sarge/main Packages
(/tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists/_tmp_target_mnt2_pure64_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
rcS.log:Couldn't stat source package list file: sarge/contrib Packages
(/tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists/_tmp_target_mnt2_pure64_dists_sarge_contrib_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
rcS.log:Couldn't stat source package list file: sarge/non-free Packages
(/tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists/_tmp_target_mnt2_pure64_dists_sarge_non-free_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
rcS.log:Couldn't stat source package list file: sarge/main Packages
(/tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists/_tmp_target_mnt2_pure64_dists_sarge_main_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
rcS.log:Couldn't stat source package list file: sarge/contrib Packages
(/tmp/target/var/lib/apt/lists/_tmp_target_mnt2_pure64_dists_sarge_contrib_binary-amd64_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
---lot more errors---

and I am attaching my rcS.log as refrence. Any ideas would be helpful!

Thank You,
--
Robert LeBlanc
BioAg Computer Support