installing ubuntu linux with fai

Henning Sprang henning_fai at gmx.de
Fri Feb 25 11:40:20 CET 2005

> [...]
> Please send them to me, maybe I can do some patches for the next fai
> release.

i just uploaded it, can be found there:
http://www.sprang.de/download/etc_ubuntu-fai-2005-02-25.tar.gz

sorry for not doing "correct" patches, i am on the way to brussels - i heard
we'll probably meet there :)

integrating this into FAI would be basically the same work as enabling FAI
to install different debian versions as sarge, woody, sid - anything that
can be bootstrapped with debootstrap should work rather easy.

I am planning to install crux linux with FAI, too, but that will take a bit
more time than just one night - maybe a long weekend :)

> P.S: I also heared that Mark Shuttleworth (the ubuntu guy) is
> interessted in FAI for ubuntu. Maybe you should inform him about your
> progress.

I'll send an email to one of the adresses i found at
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/ to let him know.

Henning