Build a fai-kernel

Ralf Utermann Ralf.Utermann at Physik.Uni-Augsburg.DE
Fri Feb 18 14:58:10 CET 2005

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > it has one of those LSI-Logic thingies that need the
>     > mptscsi module sadly that seems to be the only scsi module not compiled
>
>     > should I submit a wishlist-bug and include my new .config?
> Just tell me which CONFIG_ item(s) I have to add to the default
> fai-kernels config.

Our current install kernel uses
Fusion MPT device support
#
CONFIG_FUSION=y
CONFIG_FUSION_BOOT=y
CONFIG_FUSION_MAX_SGE=40
# CONFIG_FUSION_ISENSE is not set
# CONFIG_FUSION_CTL is not set
# CONFIG_FUSION_LAN is not set

Probably CONFIG_FUSION_CTL=y should also be added.

For the production kernels on our IBM xSeries machines with
the LSI Logic 1030 (kernel 2.4) I use:

# Fusion MPT device support
#
CONFIG_FUSION=m
# CONFIG_FUSION_BOOT is not set
CONFIG_FUSION_MAX_SGE=40
CONFIG_FUSION_ISENSE=m
CONFIG_FUSION_CTL=m
# CONFIG_FUSION_LAN is not set

BTW: check out mpt-status (http://www.red-bean.com/~mab/mpt-status.html)
if you have the LSI 1030 (as the IBM x345, x335 and others). This helps
to avoid using this big Java GUI thing from IBM just to check the
status of the RAID1 [compiles with kernel 2.4, runs on 2.4+2.6, author works
on 2.6-compile].

Bye Ralf,
--
         Ralf Utermann