Build a fai-kernel

Jens Bergmann jens.bergmann at ewetel.de
Wed Feb 16 19:11:04 CET 2005

On Mi, 2005-02-16 at 18:12 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:

>    > This is my fai config working on Dell PE 1650, 1750, 1850, 2650 (and i
>    > would expect them to work on 2850 too, since it has the same controller
>    > as the 1850)
>
>Please, please do not attach the whole config file in a posting! This
>is too much info that no one like to read. Just tell us which items
>are important for this kind of hardware.

More work for me :P

For the new generation of Dell Server you'll need a recent kernel (2.6.9
and above) cause the necessary megaraid driver version is only available
here (megaraid2). For confusion the old megaraid driver and the new one
are both called megaraid.

These options have to be enabled:
CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=y