Build a fai-kernel

Oliver Osburg osburg at coling.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Feb 16 18:16:18 CET 2005

On Mi, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:28:05 +0100, Andreas Gredler wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:46:10PM +0000, Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> > I am also triyng to build my own fai-kernel  but on booting i always
> > get kernel panic, cannot mount nfs
> > and tells me to append the correct boot parameter,ie root=
>
> You need a kernel option to mount the root filesystem over NFS!
>
> greets Jimmy

...and the korrect NIC driver, and IP-Auto-config and, and and.

Please poste some error messages so that we have more information what exactly
is missing.

Regards, Oliver

--
- Oliver Osburg - System Architect JULIE Group Jena University -
 email: o.osburg at uni-jena.de        phone: +493641 9 44 324