more than one arch in config tree?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 11 12:56:05 CET 2005

Hi,

anybody out there using the same configuration tree to populate more
than one architecture? I'd like to know how you fixed (or worked around)
the feature of dpkg-scanpackages to skip an older xyz_*_i386.deb package
when a xyz_*_alpha.deb package with a higher version number is
available.
I know about the -arch flag to dpkg-scanpackages, but Packages.gz is a
pretty unique file name, isn't it? I cannot imagine a way to have one
for I386, one for X86_64, one for Alpha... It's troublesome enough to
keep several nfsroot's up-to-date (or working at least).

Any suggestions are welcome. (I'm trying to fix this in DEFAULT/S01
which might be the proper place to do, but i'm not sure yet.)

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)